7.09.2012

Chicken Mushroom With Broccoli

Here's another easy and yummy chicken recipe I'd like to share. I cooked this yesterday and it turned out...edible. Lols. Modesty aside, I think it turned out yummy. It's easy to do, healthy and yes, wont hurt your pocket.

 

Ingredients:
1/2 kilo of Chicken strips / fillet
Broccoli worth 40P (I bought in Quiapo market so it's cheaper)
1 small can of mushroom
Ginger, thinly sliced
Soy sauce
3-4 tbsp Cornstarch

Preparation:

- Blanch or steam your broccoli. I steamed my broccoli along with rice, I just used a steam pan placed on top of my rice cooker, this way it'll be cheaper and easier - no need to boil and drain water. Let it steam for 1 min, then pour cold water on them so they'll retain their perfect green color.
- Marinate chicken strips/fillets in soy sauce and ginger
- Add 2-3 tbsp. of cornstarch on your marinate, blend well
- Set aside for at least 30mins
- Heat oil in a pan
- Saute the marinated chicken
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well until sauce thickens
- Add the mushroom
- Lastly, add the broccoli
- Serve on top of hot rice

Total expenses: 170P
Good for 8 - 10 servings



No comments:

Post a Comment